Archive digitization



Aviation and Diplomacy

Frank Piasecki

NATO 1949-2009 Projekt ekspozycji w Muzeum Lotnictwa Polskiego w Krakowie



Polish Aviation Museum

31-864 Kraków,
al. Jana Pawła II 39
phone: (12) 640 99 60,
(12) 642 40 70
e-mail: info@muzeumlotnictwa.pl

a cultural institution of the Malopolska Region

Małopolska – Kraków Region


Patronage

Kraków Airport







Aeroplane: PZL-130 Orlik

PZL-130 Orlik
Poland
basic trainer
1985



  • Technical data


Span 9.0 m
Length 8.45 m
Take-off weight 1450 kg
Maximum speed 340 km/h
Ceiling 4270 m
Range 1416 km
Armament
Powerplant :
7-cylinder radial M -14Pm, rated at 330 HP

 

The need for training jet pilots requires creating exact in-flight conditions. On one hand these would be the jet flight characteristics, on the other hand the training aircraft should be an easier construction to fly and also equally important, cheaper.
The PZL - 130 Orlik (eaglet) was the first Polish aeroplane to be prop-driven but with the flight characteristics of a jet. It is a light, single engine, low wing, two seater trainer in an all-metal construction. The modular cockpit panel design enabled pilots to change the panel to the required combat aircraft configuration.
The Orlik was designed by Andrzej Frydrychewicz and Tomasz Wolf. The work over the design, along with study tests took place between 1980 and 1984. The first prototype was flown in1984 and the third on 14th January 1985. A small series with the air cooled M14P engine was introduced in 1986. Simultaneously, work on the Turbo Orlik version was carried out, equipped with the Martin-Baker ejection seat and powered by the Walter M601 and the Pratt and Whitney PT6A turboshaft engines.
The aircraft came through Polish Air Force extensive tactical trials and was introduced into line production in 1991. The first examples of the PZL - 130 TB were handed over to the Higher Officers Flying School in Dęblin in 1994.
The 003 SP-PCB is the third, piston driven prototype, showing the so-called "Chinese" export paint scheme. The aircraft was donated to the museum by the PZL Warszawa-Okęcie in 1999.

Back

   


Dofinansowano ze środków Ministra Kultury i Dziedzictwa Narodowego
© NeoServer 2009 -      - Polityka obsługi "ciasteczek" -